Saturday, August 9, 2008

Beachclubbing in Liberty City

In a lot of major cities in Germany you have beachclubs. They are nothing else but outside bars with sand raked up. While there actually is a natural beach in NYC, there also is a pretty cool beachclub called the Water Taxi Beach. What's so good about it, is not the food or the drinks but the view. I think it is just amazing. But see for yourself:


Click on pic for larger image


View Larger Map

I can't even decide which pic I like the best. The last one I changed a bit using iPhoto. Anyways, why was I there? Well, I don't know that many people in NYC yet, but I came across this website called meetup. And there I found the New York City German Culture Meetup Group. Basically people that share an interest in Germany get together for fun times every once in a while. Some of them are Germans living in the Big Apple, some are Americans. You get together and just talk and share experiences. Pretty fun stuff. Unfortunately once it started raining, the meetup was over. Thank god, because a couple of more beers and I would have been done with.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing pictures! The last one is awesome, simply great!

I have a new Desktop-Background :D

Dewey said...

@Felix
WOW! Pretty good pictures! I like N.Y.! =)

@lemi
isn't a little bit small for desktop?

Martíncito said...

Stimmt alle Bilder sind sehr schön!

Anonymous said...

Wirklich schwer zu sagen welches das schönste Foto ist.
Aber schön zu hören das du da in Gesellschaft bist und nicht so alleine bist. Wir hatten schon alle gedacht du sitzt da ganz alleine, in deinem dunklen Zimmer, Burger futternd und weinend. ;)

Anonymous said...

hey felix warste schon im nintendo world store???? der soll saugroß und geil sein...