Monday, August 25, 2008

Drinks of the weird

When you go to a supermarket in the US, you will certainly be amazed by all the different beverages you will be able to find there. It far surpasses the selection you know in Germany. There is something for every taste and I always try to taste something new. But some drinks really are weird. And of course, I don't want to keep those from you. Drink Number 1 that I found weird:



NICLite. It basically is water with added nicotine. For all you tryin-to-quit smoking fiends. I did not try it though since I don't reallt crave the nic. I just find the idea of water with nicotine weird. But whatever floats your boat.

Drink number 2 was this:


The deal with hint is, that it is water with just a tiny bit of natural taste and no sugar. And I certainly love water. Kalter. Klares. Wasser. And I also love cucumber. So why not put them together? Great idea right? Yeah that's what I thought, too. But I was taught better. While the water did have a bit of a cucumber taste, it more so reminded me of this:



STINKBUG!!!!!

And if I do have an archnemesis on this planet, that is it. I have a very traumatic childhood experience where one ot those bugs flew into my ear and I couldn't get it out until some woman came to help me. And to this day I will never forget that smell. And tasting that water, I almost threw up on the spot. Stinkbug, you are my kryptonite. Thou shall not defeat me with your cucumber water! Revenge will be mine!!!!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent. Now all we have to do is to find out his secret identity.

Anonymous said...

"I have a very traumatic childhood experience where one ot those bugs flew into my ear and I couldn't get it out until some woman came to help me."

I'm done. I actually have a tear in my eye - laughing. Sorry, must have been horrible for you, but the image is kind of funny.

Anonymous said...

And also, there is only one true secret identity. Hint!

Slipknotfreak24 said...

Mein Kumpel meinte gerade (als ich ihm das mit dem Nikotinwasser erzählt hab'):,,Igitt! Schmeckt das dann wie Bongwasser, oder wie?" Tut es das? Die Story mit dem Käfer in Deinem Ohr ist auch witzig, sorry aber ich hab' bei der Vorstellung davon genau so gelacht wie chris.

Anonymous said...

Why didnt you try Bawls? This stuff has propably the most hilarious name ever. "Did you get some bawls?" "What?!" "From the store?" "What did I get?" "Bawls!" *other person leaves*

Anonymous said...

My traumatic childhood experience was a snake under my bed. I was maybe 7 years old. I can't fall asleep about 2 days. The snake was for real about 1,20m but for me it was an anaconda!!!

Anonymous said...

I love america <3, and all of this crapy stuff :D

Try "Monster Energy" its a Energy Drink, 400 times better than red bull and not even allowed in Germany

Derrick said...

I tried Monster. It is nothing special. And in my opinion not better than Red Bull. And why wouldnt it be allowed in Germany?! They just don't sell it there because there is no distributer in Germany for it.

Anonymous said...

Water with added nicotine... so lost

Anonymous said...

Believe me Felix! I'm MX Driver, and my team mates are sponsered by one industries (monster energy) so they get free stuff...

If they do some photos, they have to import it from ebay.us or uk, or amazon! With the time it should "dehydrierent sein"

There would be a lot of distributer, cos the little kiddies & fans want to try it! They also have a lot of merchandise of Monster Energy, imported from the usa

Derrick said...

That is fine and all, still Monster is not outlawed in Germany or forbidden or any of that sort. It is an American company that just doesn't have a distributor in Germany because other energy drinks are too much of a competition.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how much caffeine "monster energy" contains, but I'm sure that there is some kind of limit for caffeine in enegery drinks sold/produced in Germany. Could be outlawed...

Anonymous said...

Fuck, typo. If you consider migrating your blog to wordpress, does this means I soon be able to edit my previous posts?! :-)